Are you or someone you know struggling with addiction?
In January 2015, Ilanka Community Health Center will begin offering a new service for those struggling with addiction to substances or alcohol, in an accessible and affordable way.
Ilanka’s Substance Abuse Assessment and Assistance Program is offering two free appointments to patients seeking help for their addiction. Each appointment will include a visit with a Medical Doctor AND a Behavioral Health Counselor, and is expected to take 2 hours. The first and second visit will be separated by 7 – 10 days. Additionally, the second appointment will include an opportunity to coordinate additional financial resources.
The First Visit will include:
– A Physical Exam to assess Overall Health with a Medical Doctor, including
- Comprehensive laboratory tests ordered by your Provider
- Immunizations, if needed
- Screening test for TB
- Answers to medical questions and a follow-up plan for any medical problems diagnosed at your visit
– A Comprehensive Behavioral Health Assessment, including
- Current substance abuse issues
- Any follow-up plan with counseling as discussed at your visit
The Second Visit will include:
– A follow-up appointment with your Medical Doctor, including a review of lab or physical exam findings, and a follow up plan for your health
– A follow-up appointment with your Counselor, including a creation of a treatment plan for addiction
– Meeting with patient advocate to discuss further resources, including financial assistance.
– Must be currently struggling with addiction to alcohol, prescription or recreational drugs. (except tobacco-Ilanka has a separate tobacco cessation program)
– Cannot be currently enrolled in a Substance Abuse Program
– Must attend both visits
Please call 424-3622 if you have any questions about the Assessment and Assistance Program. If you would like to make an appointment, call us to schedule an “Assessment Visit”.